According to this report, the Edtech sector is gaining momentum in Europe. Between 2019 and 2020, venture capital investment in EdTech start-ups in Europe grew by 45%, and now, despite the new global challenges of the post COVID-19 era, the EdTech ecosystem continues to develop with ever-more stakeholders getting involved.
After interviewing 16 EdTech Eco-system stakeholders from 12 different European countries, the report identified the following challenges faced by European EdTech start-ups:
• Breaking into schools to test, pilot and sell products;
• Identifying who makes purchasing decisions for products;
• Finding good mentors with pedagogical knowledge and education sector experience;
• Expanding into other countries in Europe;
• Data protection regulations and local interpretations of these.
The report also features feedback on incubator and accelerator services provided by European EdTech start-up founders.
Level of Education: Continuing vocational education and training
Lead Organisation: European Schoolnet